The bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Social Sciences with a concentration in Community Education focuses on providing services in non-traditional learning environments. This online program provides a broad view of issues related to teaching underprivileged youth in high-poverty communities.
Students learn how to address diverse learning needs and evaluate educational programming. The curriculum emphasizes learning by collaborative experiences, service learning, field instruction, and an appreciation for diversity. Graduates of this online human services bachelor’s degree can find employment in a variety of community-based settings including museums, summer camps, afterschool programs, religious organizations, and nonprofits.
Coursework includes studies of:
- Teaching at-risk learners
- Universal design for learning in community learning environments
- Elementary and special education integrated arts
- Methods in inclusion and collaboration
- ESOL principles and practices
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of West Florida is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA2.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants must be at the level of a sophomore or higher.