The University of Southern Mississippi offers an online Master of Science in Nursing program for nurses interested in becoming Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for national PMHNP certification.
Coursework focuses on advanced primary and psychiatric nursing services. Students learn how to meet the needs of individuals and families across the lifespan in a variety of environments. Leadership skills are weaved into the curriculum to prepare students for high level clinical, educational, and administrative roles.
Graduates of the online Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program can find employment in settings such as:
- Private mental health clinics
- Federally qualified health clinics
- Inpatient mental health facilities
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Requires one campus visit per semester
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited institution, including an introductory statistics course
- Must have a current, unrestricted RN license eligible for practice in Mississippi and at least one year of recent clinical experience as an RN