Nurses interested in a professional research career can pursue a PhD in Nursing Leadership online from the University of Southern Mississippi. The program offers a leadership focus for contribution to the science, practice, and profession of nursing.
Students in this online nursing administration degree program learn how to use systematic research, inquiry methods, and theory development. Technology is utilized to facilitate scholarly engagement and dialogue among students and faculty. Graduates will be well equipped to combat health disparities, improve health outcomes, and identify issues and gaps in nursing knowledge.
Coursework examines subject areas including:
- Quantitative and qualitative research design
- Measurement in nursing science
- Ethics in organizations and leadership
- Theory development and evaluation in nursing science
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Southern Mississippi is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have graduated from an accredited bachelor's in nursing program and have an unencumbered RN license