The Advanced Standing online master’s in Social Work from the University of Southern California allows students with a BSW from an accredited institution to complete the program in less time than the traditional track. Students spend extensive time in field education, through both an online virtual field practicum and at a placement site in their own community.
The program explores emerging needs in the field in order to prepare social workers for the demands of 21st century society. Students will study early intervention, prevention, wellness, leadership, effective collaboration, and core competencies. Optional tracks are available in Military Social Work and School Social Work.
Students customize their curriculum by choosing a department of study from the following:
- Adult Mental Health and Wellness
- Children, Youth, and Families
- Social Change and Innovation
- Experience in providing service to people preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)-accredited school of social work earned within the past five years
- GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission