The University of Southern California offers an online Master of Science in Chemical Engineering. Students enter the program to learn about chemical transformations and engineering techniques. Students in the program will take a number of advanced courses in key fundamental chemical engineering areas such as transport phenomena, applied mathematics, thermodynamics, kinetics and reaction engineering. In addition, students will select a number of electives courses to develop knowledge and expertise in specialized fields such as energy engineering, materials engineering, bioengineering, environmental engineering, engineering design, and control management.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, math or hard science* from a regionally-accredited university. Satisfactory cumulative undergraduate GPA (grade point average)
- Satisfactory GRE test scores
- Satisfactory performance in previous coursework related to the intended major.
- *Students without a B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering must have a minimum of math and science coursework in:
- Calculus through Differential Equation
- General, Organic, and Physical Chemistry
- College-level, calculus-based Physics (Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Electricity & Magnetism)
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation (3 Required)
School Accreditation Statement
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission