The University of Southern California offers an online Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). The program prepares teachers to meet the needs ot students from a diverse world and specialize in English language teaching.
Students also have the option to add on the English Language Development (ELD) Credential or Gifted Education Certificate for additional credits.
This program requires field exprience.
- A bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent from an accredited institution
- A superior scholastic record, normally above a 3.0 GPA
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) as demonstrated by academic performance and/or professional experience
- Professional goals that align with the program and a commitment to the field clearly articulated in a personal statement
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for applicants whose academic work has been in a country other than the U.S., U.K., Australia, or English-speaking Canada
- Personal Essays
- 2 letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission