Professionals can continue to work while completing the mostly online Master of Academic Medicine degree at USC. Students complete assignments on their time, while meeting weekly in virtual interactive classrooms. Once a year, in February, students meet on-campus to complete added hands-on coursework.
Ideal career options include:
- Residency or Fellowship Program Director
- Associate Chair for Education, any clinical department
- Director of Medical Education in a hospital
- Designated Institutional Officer
- Associate Dean for Curriculum in a health profession’s school
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Southern California is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- This program requires a one-week session on campus each February.
- Applicants are expected to have an advanced degree in medicine or another health profession; or a minimum of five years of experience in health professions education, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, and satisfactory scores on the GRE.