The online MA in Music Education degree program from the University of South Florida-Main Campus is intended for the currently practicing music educator who wishes to increase their understanding of informal learning and learner-centered pedagogies. Courses cover topics such as:
- Research Design & Methods in Music Education
- Literature Review in Music Education
- Research Data Analysis & Report Writing in Music Education
- Learner-Centered Approaches in Music Education
- History of Blues & Rock
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
School Accreditation & Licensing
The master’s degree in health informatics program is in Candidacy Status, pending accreditation review by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A one week intense on-campus session is required during the first course taken in the program.
- Applicants should have at least two years of K-12 music teaching experience, or the equivalent.