The online MA in Music Education degree program from the University of South Florida-Main Campus is intended for the currently practicing music educator who wishes to increase their understanding of informal learning and learner-centered pedagogies. Courses cover topics such as:
- Research Design & Methods in Music Education
- Literature Review in Music Education
- Research Data Analysis & Report Writing in Music Education
- Learner-Centered Approaches in Music Education
- History of Blues & Rock
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of South Florida is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
The master’s degree in health informatics program is in Candidacy Status, pending accreditation review by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A one week intense on-campus session is required during the first course taken in the program.
- Applicants should have at least two years of K-12 music teaching experience, or the equivalent.