A relatively new and resoundingly important field is disaster psychology. An online Graduate Certificate in Disaster Mental Health is available to professionals and graduate students internationally from the University of South Dakota. Consider this highly-specialized graduate certificate if you are a:
- First responder
- Civic official
- Emergency manager
- Disaster relief worker
- Mental health professional
- Psychology graduate student
This certificate’s program will prepare you to serve communities throughout all stages of natural and manmade disasters, from disaster preparation to recovery. With an online Graduate Certificate in Disaster Mental Health from USD, you will not only ready yourself to respond, but improve your ability to serve others in the wake of devastation.
- Official transcript
- Hold a bachelors degree
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Applicants must complete a face-to-face interview
- If applicant is not from the region, the interview can be completed via Skype or Elluminate. Applicants must complete a successful criminal background check prior to matriculation.
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission