Pursuing an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of South Dakota has been geared for working professionals. This degree program is unique in that it offers three different part-time tracks depending upon your current workload and obligations. There is also an accelerated program, as well. These various online learning tracks offered at USD allow you to enter and complete the program as part of a cohort.
Part of the BSN curriculum is completing clinical rotations. As an online student, this experience can be coordinated in the community where you live.
This bachelor completion program requires 120 credits for completion, including transfer and major requirements. A minimum of 30 credit hours must be taken from USD.
- Unconditional admission to the USD (i.e. student does not hold probationary status)
- Graduate of a state Board of Nursing approved program required (Students who do not graduate from an ACEN or NLNAC accredited Associate Degree or Diploma Nursing Program will be evaluated on a case by case basis.)
- Active, unencumbered RN license to practice nursing
- A grade of C or above is required for all support and nursing coursework
- Complete application received by published deadlines
- Three references
- Clean criminal background check and drug screen
- Meets all RN-BSN admission criteria
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission