If you already have a Master of Science in Nursing degree, you can gain certification in an additional clinical specialty with the online Certificate of Graduate Studies in Advanced Practice Nursing. This particular track from the University of South Carolina at Columbia is designed for students who are not yet certified as Advanced Practice Registered Nurses. The curriculum includes coursework to prepare students for their initial APRN certification. Online didactic coursework in this online nursing program is enhanced by clinical experiences in the student’s local community and on-campus immersion experiences.
Students can concentrate their studies on one of three nursing roles:
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- On-campus activities may be required twice per semester during clinical rotations.
- Must have a BSN and MSN from a nationally accredited program
- Preferred clinical experience in acute care settings for AGACNP and FNP applicants; clinical experience in psych or related field for MHNP applicants
- Proof of current BLS (and ACLS for AGACNP applicants) and active unencumbered RN license in state where clinical experiences will occur
Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, US Territories, International