For nurses with a MSN degree, a Certificate of Graduate Studies in Advanced Practice Nursing allows for certification in an additional clinical specialty. This particular track is designed for students already certified as Advanced Practice Registered Nurses, and contains fewer required courses than the track for non-APRNs. Online didactic coursework is combined with clinical experiences in the student’s local area and on-campus immersion experiences to enhance learning in this online nursing program.
This certificate offers concentrations in:
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- On-campus activities may be required twice per semester during clinical rotations.
- Must have a BSN and MSN from a nationally accredited program and evidence of credentialing within the applicant's specialty
- Preferred clinical experience in acute care settings for AGACNP and FNP applicants; clinical experience in psych or related field for MHNP applicants
- Must have completed prerequisites in health/physical assessment, physiology/pathophysiology, and pharmacology
- Proof of current BLS (and ACLS for AGACNP applicants), copy of current APRN specialty certification, and active unencumbered APRN license in state where clinical experiences will occur
Alaska, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, US Territories, International