University of South Alabama offers an online Master of Education in Special Education. The program focuses on teaching students with all types of disabilities in a variety of settings. Mostly, K-12 is the main focus of the program, where students learn how to be more effective at their teaching techniques for school districts they are already working in.
This degree program requires 30-42 credits, based on whether the applicant possesses a teaching license.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended since high school
- MAT or GRE scores
- Teacher certification, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two page narrative on career goals and purpose for graduate study
- Resume of professional experiences
- For Alternative program only:
- GPA of at least 2.75
- Satisfactory performance on the Core Academic Skills for Educators tests (Core)
- Background check
- Appropriate Content Knowledge Praxis II exam
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges