Gain the finance and accounting skills needed for career advancement with The University of Scranton's online Master of Accountancy (MAcc). Housed in the AACSB-accredited Kania School of Management, the program will develop your soft skills and practical strategy. Complete the general MAcc with flexible electives, or choose from two concentrations, Forensic Accounting and Accounting Analytics, to further tailor your skills.
As you learn, the 30-credit-hour online MAcc program counts toward the 150 credit hours required by most states to take the CPA exam. Students are also able to purchase the premier, Big 4 Firms-endorsed Wiley CPAexcel® at a deep discount in order to prepare them for the CPA exam.
You'll graduate prepared to:
- Apply practical knowledge in the field
- Solve business problems with advanced accounting
- Identify red flags for occupational fraud
- Support effective economic decision-making with valuable insights
- Understand the global business environment and associated critical leadership roles
The University of Scranton's online MAcc program is designed for full-time accounting professionals who need a flexible online degree program to accommodate their busy schedules. The curriculum is frequently updated by The University of Scranton's Accounting Department Partnership Council (ADPC), a group of practicing CPAs who provide consulting, student mentorship, and alumni networking.
MACC Bridge Option – Open to Non-Accounting Majors
Students with a non-accounting bachelor's degree are encouraged to apply for the online MAcc program through the Accounting Bridge option*, which offers the necessary prerequisite courses online to provide the foundation in accounting needed to be successful in the master's program. Applicants need to have completed at least one 3-credit financial accounting course with a grade of B or better from an accredited institution.
* If seeking a CPA: Many states require 150 semester hours of education within a prescribed accounting coursework curriculum for obtaining the CPA license. Students without prior accounting and related coursework are unlikely to meet this requirement through completing the MAcc program. Such students may need to complete any additional required course(s) that they have not completed. Please refer to your individual state's requirements.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
AACSB International (AACSB)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent