The University of Pittsburgh offers an online Master of Science in Clinical Nurse Leadership (CNL) which prepares students as advanced generalists in a variety of settings across a continuum of care giving. Online courses are led by faculty members who provide opportunities for active learning, discussion, problem solving, debating, critical thinking, research, networking, and community building. Students can arrange for the required clinical hours in their own communities.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from an ACEN (NLN), ACICS, or CCNE accredited program.
- A current license to practice nursing in a state or territory of the United States. All students must obtain a Pennsylvania license prior to beginning clinical courses.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in the undergraduate degree.
- Relevant clinical experience (specified by the Major/Area of Concentration).
- A pre-admission interview. If the applicant resides at a great distance, a telephone interview may be conducted.
- The GRE may be waived if the GPA is 3.5 or higher.
- Pre-requisite statistics course within the last 10 years with a grade of B- or better.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A typed essay.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education