University of North Georgia offers the online Graduate Certificate in Gerontology. This certificate is designed to serve professionals in diverse disciplines who are interested in obtaining basic knowledge of geriatrics and gaining a specialized knowledge of the aging process. The program strives to teach the student how to apply what they learn toward their particular disciplines or occupations. Courses taken during this program can be applied toward a degree program.
Sample of Program Requirements:
- Information Resources for an Aging World
- Mental Health and Illness in Late Life
- Multi-Disciplinary Aspects of Dementia
- Prevention and Health Aging
- Intergenerational Studies
- Perspectives in Aging
- Ethics and Aging
- A bachelors degree or higher is required.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education