The online Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program from Penn Nursing seeks to enable students to advance science, deliver solutions, and shape health policy and practice for a healthier future. This comprehensive degree program allows master’s-prepared nurses of all specialties to enhance their clinical abilities and gain leadership experience.
The online nurse practitioner degree also includes once-yearly intensives on campus, where students interact with faculty and participate in workshops on leadership, evidence-based practice, and scholarly writing. Students also have access to monthly webinars featuring faculty, alumni, and other leaders in healthcare innovation.
Nurses in this program can expect to develop skills in:
- Translating research into practice
- Evaluating evidence
- Applying research in decision making
- Implementing viable clinical innovations to improve care delivery
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.2 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Requires two on-campus intensives
- Must have a master's degree in a nursing field, with completion of graduate-level research methods course with grade B or higher
- Submit evidence of official RN and APRN licenses