University of Northern Colorado offers an online Master of Music in Music Education, designed for those who aspire to gain musical competency and qualities for success in the field. The curriculum was designed to be in-depth and deepen an understanding of music and how it is taught. The program is intended for those who are already teachers of music.
This program requires 30-36 credits for completion.
Students are required to attend three-week interactive workshop sessions each Summer in mid-to-late June.
- Official copies of transcripts
- 3-4 letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Sample of scholarly writing
- It is recommended that the candidate submit a video, about 20 minutes in duration, which shows a teaching episode representative of the applicant’s instructional abilities
- An audio recording, about 10 to 15 minutes in duration, which demonstrates the applicant’s performing ability on their primary instrument or voice
- An in-person audition may be done in lieu of the above video/recording requirements
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission