A Post-Graduate APRN Certificate in Teaching/Learning is available to nurses with a master’s degree who are interested in teaching nursing students and fellow nurses in educational and clinical settings. This online certificate program is designed for nurses pursuing a new specialty or subspecialty area of advanced practice nursing.
Students in this online nurse educator program can choose either a clinical or non-clinical track. Clinical courses can focus on either academic or patient teaching. Non-clinical students take a course in evidence-based practice and nursing scholarship.
Other courses in the program include:
- Curriculum development in collegiate nursing programs
- Evaluation in collegiate nursing programs
- Teaching the healthcare consumer and provider
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of North Alabama is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must be a graduate of an approved and regionally accredited master's or doctoral program with a major in nursing.
- Applicants must have current registered nursing licensure with no restrictions and minimum of one year of clinical experience.
California, US Territories