The University of New England is an innovative and established leader in the online learning community. All of our online courses offer a multi-dimensional distance learning experience using a student-centered approach, specifically designed to accommodate different learning styles and the schedules of working professionals.
UNE Online’s CEPH accredited 18-credit Graduate Certificate in Public Health can be completed in just one year and requires no GRE or campus visits. This program provides you with the core public health concepts needed to either enhance your professional knowledge or to pursue a graduate degree in the field. These 18 credit hours are the foundation courses for UNE’s Master of Public Health degree. All certificate program courses are transferable to UNE’s MPH degree program.
With a mission centering on teaching, research, and service, the program educates students from across the nation. The online public health program boasts a renowned faculty who are leaders in public health research with extensive collaborative partnerships in the public health community.
The University of New England is regionally accredited by the New England Association of schools and colleges (NEASC). Accreditation by the Association indicates that the institution has been carefully evaluated and found to meet standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or its equivalent
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Completion of college-level courses in mathematics and science with a minimum grade of a “B” or satisfactory completion of a graduate level course in mathematics or science.
- Please Note: In lieu of college-level courses in either, students may submit GRE subject test scores in mathematics or science, or the GRE quantitative ability score. Current employment in a setting conducive to applying course concepts and strategies is highly desirable.
- Professional resume or CV
- Goal Statements
- Two completed recommendations
Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education