University of Nebraska Medical Center offers a bachelor completion degree in Medical Laboratory Science (MLS). Students continue to work on their experience and credentials while earning this advanced degree. This chosen degree will help professionals practice medical laboratory tasks and help solve issues.
This is a bachelor completion program. A total of 120 credits are required, including transfer credits.
- Complete the MLT professional requirement in one of the following ways: graduate from a NAACLS accredited MLT/CLT program (MLT certification highly recommended), or complete a U.S. military sponsored medical laboratory procedures educational program (MLT certification highly recommended) or graduate from a non-NAACLS accredited MLS/CLS program with MLT certification
- Complete a minimum of 85 hours of specific college prerequisite courses (including the MLT coursework) prior to enrollment in the program
- Present a C- or better for all 85 hours of prerequisite coursework
- Present a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (4.0 scale)
- Present a science GPA of at least 2.5 (4.0 scale) and/or the most recently completed 20 biology/chemistry semester hours 2.5
- Identify the preceptor and submit the Preceptor Agreement
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission