The online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree program from the University of Mobile is offered as either a BSN to DNP Nurse Practitioner Track or a Post-Master's DNP Track. Both tracks are designed to provide today's nurse leaders with advanced knowledge and skills within the Christian worldview and prepare them to lead healthcare initiatives ranging from small clinics to national health policies that are guided by evidence-based practice. Graduates of this program are equipped to:
- Provide practice instruction for the next generation of nurses
- Ensure that clinical care meets the highest standards of quality
- Advance the nursing profession through research of new methods of care and delivery
- Lead interdisciplinary collaborative efforts of healthcare improvement
- Make a difference in conservative budgeting, while ensuring quality of care is not compromised
- Further clinical expertise with the current APRN role and patient population focus
- Pursue a track with an aggregate/systems/organizational focus for nursing careers outside of direct patient care
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a MSN degree from a regionally accredited institution and an active, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Applicants must submit a health history, record of required immunizations, and record of American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider Certification.
- Minimum of one year clinical experience preferred but not required.