The University of Mobile’s online post-master’s nursing certificate allows nurses with a master’s or doctoral degree to specialize in a new clinical area. The Post-Master’s Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner prepares students to care for the health needs of individuals, groups, and families across the lifespan in a primary care setting.
The program consists of online coursework, in-person clinicals in direct patient care, and once-per-semester on-campus intensives to allow face-to-face time with faculty and networking with other nursing professionals. The post-master’s certificate is ideal for advanced practice registered nurses who want to strengthen or broaden their clinical capabilities to pursue a role expansion or change.
Courses cover skills including:
- Advanced health assessment and diagnostic reasoning
- Advanced pharmacology
- Advanced pathophysiology
- Theory and ethics for advanced nursing practice
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- An on-campus intensive experience is required once per semester.
- Applicants must have a MSN degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must have an unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the US state or territory where the student will complete clinical experiences.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience is preferred but not required.
- Applicants must submit health history, record of required immunizations, and AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Certification.
Colorado, Louisiana, New York