The online Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing degree is designed for students seeking a traditional research doctorate. Students in this program master both general nursing topics, as well as a specific area of study.
Nursing PhD graduates are dedicated to advancing the knowledge and science of nursing, stewardship of the profession, and educating new nurse researchers. Students in this online nursing degree program study nursing science, theory, research, and statistics. The curriculum culminates in a dissertation contributing to the discipline and practice of nursing.
Throughout the program, faculty mentors help students accomplish goals including:
- Analyzing information and research methods
- Synthesizing theories from nursing, natural, or behavioral sciences
- Synthesizing published research
- Conducting an in-depth research study
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.2 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Must have a bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited program