The online MBA with a concentration in Catholic Philanthropy allows students to customize their graduate business degree to better suit their career goals. This curriculum is designed for those currently serving in or soon entering the field of philanthropy, particularly those serving the Church, and prepares students to sit for the Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) exam. Courses in Catholic Philanthropy train students with the knowledge and skills that are essential for successful careers in fundraising for the Church.
Catholic Philanthropy courses are:
- Foundations in Catholic Philanthropy
- Transformational Giving: Activating the Gift
- Principles and Practice
In addition, the MBA program offers knowledge and skills in management and leadership, teaching from the perspectives of Christian, Catholic, and Benedictine values.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- GPA of 2.5 overall, or 2.75 during the last two years of the undergraduate degree, or 3.0 in a major field
- Goal statement
- Two letters of reference
- A waiver is available for applicants who have three preparatory classes in Finance, Accounting, and Economics, or may qualify for a waiver if certain conditions are met
International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission