The Family Nurse Practitioner track of this online Master of Science in Nursing focuses on the importance of evidence-based practice and patient care. Graduates are eligible to sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner national certification exam and apply for advanced practice licensure.
This online Nurse Practitioner degree is designed for working registered nurses who want to advance their career opportunities. Students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to improve the health of diverse patients of all ages. The curriculum consists of online learning combined with a variety of practicum experiences.
Students can expect to study topics including:
- Population-based primary care
- Generating evidence for nursing practice
- Health assessment and diagnostic reasoning for advanced practice
- Pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice nursing
The Master of Nursing program is a cooperative educational opportunity offered in partnership through Southeastern Louisiana University, McNeese State University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and Nicholl's State University. Prospective students can enroll in their school of choice.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Students must complete clinical rotations in Louisiana and have an active, unencumbered RN license valid in Louisiana.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited undergraduate program, including courses in statistics and health assessment across the lifespan.
Minnesota, Tennessee, Washington