The University of Louisiana at Lafayette offers an online Master of Science in Nursing degree focusing on Nursing Education. Graduates will have the educational requirements necessary to sit for the NLN Certified Nurse Educator examination.
Registered nurses can increase their career opportunities and prepare to teach undergraduate nursing students with this Master of Nursing Education online program. The curriculum includes components of online coursework along with in-person practicum experiences.
Courses cover topics such as:
- Teaching methodologies and technologies
- Measuring outcomes in nursing education
- Curriculum and program development
- Theoretical foundations of advanced nursing
The Master of Nursing program is a cooperative educational opportunity offered in partnership through Southeastern Louisiana University, McNeese State University, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, and Nicholl's State University. Prospective students can enroll in their school of choice.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Louisiana at Lafayette is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Students must complete clinical rotations in Louisiana and have an active, unencumbered RN license valid in Louisiana.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Nursing from an NLN or CCNE accredited undergraduate program, including courses in statistics and health assessment across the lifespan.
Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, US Territories, International