The online master’s in Counseling Psychology program prepares students to assess and provide counseling and psychotherapy to people in need. Counselors provide crisis intervention and help individuals solve problems in their lives.
This program fulfills academic requirements for the Texas Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) credential. With this license, graduates can practice as a professional counselor in their own practice, for a mental health agency, psychiatric hospital, residential treatment center, university counseling center, and more. The master’s degree in Counseling online provides a strong foundation for students wishing to continue their education to pursue a doctoral degree in Psychology.
Professional counseling skills gained through this degree track include:
- Clinical interviewing
- Evaluation and classification of normal and maladaptive behaviors
- Writing client evaluations
- Providing individual, group, family, and career counseling
- Coordinating services between treatment sites, clients, and the community
- One letter of recommendation
- Evidence of having completed undergraduate or graduate courses in statistics, research, and abnormal psychology
- A bachelor's degree
- Official Transcripts
Some campus visits are required.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges