The University of Delaware's online Master of Education in Teacher Leadership will prepare you to rise to the challenges of new teaching standards, policies and technologies, foster collaboration within schools and communities, and help facilitate institutional change. The program is designed for teachers who would like to assume additional leadership roles within their schools and districts such as department chair, curriculum coordinator, teacher mentor, instructional coach, and community liaison.
This flexible, 100% online program is aligned with the National Teacher Leadership Standards, and the objectives of state teacher leader initiatives around the country. It is delivered by an experienced faculty of career educators determined to introduce practical solutions for your classroom, school, and district.
The confidence in myself and in the knowledge I have gained through these courses have allowed me to take on two new roles. The first role is the lead teacher on the special education committee. The second role I have been given by the administration is grade level facilitator. – Chelsey Merkel, M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership Graduate
In this 30-credit, 24 month program you will learn to:
- Coach and mentor your peers
- Analyze data to better identify your students' needs and intervention methods
- Develop standards-aligned instruction
- Learn about diverse schools to provide culturally relevant professional development
- Foster teacher collaboration through technology
- Prepare to take on a teacher-leader role that will extend your sphere of influence beyond the walls of your classroom.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent, Resume/CV, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Applicants must be currently employed as a teacher.