The University of Delaware’s fully online and flexible M.Ed. in Literacy will prepare current teachers and educators for certification as a Reading/Literacy specialist.
Taught by a team of distinguished faculty, you will develop knowledge of the theoretical and evidenced foundations of reading and writing development, plan culturally and linguistically relevant literacy instruction for all students, and support students and teachers in the use of digital literacy tools.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Transcripts showing an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Transcripts showing a minimum GPA of 3.0 for all graduate courses completed (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Essay question responses
- Some classes require you to tutor a child regularly in reading and writing
- Demonstrated knowledge of the teaching of oral language, reading, and writing through previous coursework and teaching
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education