The University of Delaware's (UD) top-ranked online Master of Arts in Strategic Communication program prepares you to lead strategic initiatives, effectively deliver recommendations for projects and issues and more. You'll learn to craft persuasive messaging campaigns, analyze and evaluate competitors' strategic communication efforts, and drive the communication strategy goals of any organization.
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to advance your current career or take on a new role in strategic communication, public relations, digital media, or social media management.
The M.A. in Strategic Communication curriculum allows you to specialize in the career-focused disciplines of Public Relations or Digital and Social Media. You can also choose from an array of electives to customize your curriculum, giving you the skills to meet your career goals.
- 100% online
- 30 credit hours
- As few as 2 years to complete
- The Fast Track to Your Next Career Move. Graduate in as few as 24 months or move at a slower pace to fit coursework around your schedule.
- Customizable Specializations to Fit Your Career Goals. Specialize in Public Relations or Digital and Social Media, or choose your own electives to fit your professional goals.
When you complete this program, you will be able to:
- Apply a deeper understanding of strategic communication within the professional world
- Design and implement research for your organization and understand how to evaluate the success of those campaigns
- Deliver recommendations for future projects and challenges you may face in your career
- Write for multimedia with a professional audience (strategic communication/public relations) in mind
- Analyze and evaluate competitors' strategic communication efforts
Our online M.A. in Strategic Communication program helps you launch or advance your career with confidence knowing you're prepared to take on any job in the communications field. You'll be prepared for job titles like:
- Public Relations Manager – up to $97,041 annual salary
- Social Media Manager – up to $75,049 annual salary
- Communications Director – up to $133,385 annual salary
- Strategic Communications Manager – up to $98,043 annual salary
- Director of International Communications – up to $158,927 annual salary
The University of Delaware strives to make our online degrees accessible and affordable. We can connect you with many forms of financial aid, military benefits and more. FAFSA Federal ID: 001431?
Public Relations, Digital and Social Media, or choose your own electives to match your career goals.
1. Payscale (December 2018). "Average Public Relations (PR) Manager Salary." Retrieved January 9, 2019, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Public_Relations_(PR)_Manager/Salary.
2. Payscale (December 2018). "Average Social Media Manager Salary." Retrieved January 9, 2019, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Social_Media_Manager/Salary.
3. Payscale (December 2018). "Average Director of Communications Salary." Retrieved January 9, 2019, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Director_of_Communications/Salary.
4. Payscale (December 2018). "Average Strategic Communications Manager Salary." Retrieved January 9, 2019, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Strategic_Communications_Manager/Salary.
5. Payscale (December 2018). "Average Director of Internal Communications Salary." Retrieved January 9, 2019, from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Director_Of_Internal_Communications/Salary.
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A GRE waiver is available for applicants with a GPA of 3.25 or higher.