Master of Science in Nursing Leadership
University of Colorado Denver
The online MS in Nursing Leadership from the University of Colorado Denver enables current nurses to thrive in today's complex healthcare system by focusing on cultural competence, informatics, and evidence-based practice. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Implement caring and competent nursing practice with individuals, families, and communities
- Manage care to achieve quality, cost-effective, and ethical outcomes in the delivery of health care for individuals, families, and populations
- Engage in leadership to promote social justice related to access, quality, and socio-cultural acceptability of health care through relationship-centered caring, advocacy, and empowerment
- Actively engage in self-directed learning to maintain state of the art nursing practice and to facilitate the education of future practitioners, paraprofessionals, and healthy communities
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A BSN is required
- Written Essay
- Curriculum Vitae
- An RN license
- Other items may be required for admission
Not authorized for residents of all states, please contact the school for more info before applying.
Many paths have led to the current University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus. CU Anschutz began with the establishment of the CU School of Medicine in 1883 on the Boulder campus. CU Denver originated in 1912 as an extension of the University of Colorado Boulder and gained its independence in 1973. In 2004, the University of Colorado Board of Regents voted to combine the CU Anschutz Medical Campus with CU Denver. Today, the consolidated University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus includes two of the four campuses that make up the University of Colorado system.
The CU Denver campus is home to the following schools and colleges:
- College of Arts & Media
- College of Architecture and Planning
- School of Education & Human Development
- Business School
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Engineering and Applied Science
- School of Public Affairs
- Graduate School
The Anschutz Medical Campus houses the following schools that offer graduate degrees and select bachelor’s degrees:
- School of Dental Medicine
- School of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Colorado School of Public Health
CU Online offers programs leading to undergraduate and graduate degrees, as well as certificates, earned completely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.