If you hold a BSN and at least one year of professional experience, consider elevating your career with an online MS in Nursing from the University of Cincinnati. This MSN program is designed with the working professional in mind and can be earned entirely through distance learning. Biostatistics, clinical theory, healthcare policy and pharmacology are taught within UC’s MSN program which gives you the opportunity to specialize in different areas:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Nurse Midwifery
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP)
The Midwifery specialization requires two visits to the UC campus during the program. All specializations require significant fieldwork that can be completed long-distance with proper approval. Note that you should check with your individual state’s regulatory board for certification and licensure requirements before enrolling in an out-of-state MSN program.
- Active and unrestricted current RN license
- BSN degree conferred from a regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institution
- Undergraduate statistics course with a grade of “C” or better
- A minimum of one year of RN experience
- Three letters of reference
- MinimumGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
The University of Cincinnati and all regional campuses are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.