Master of Science in Nursing / Nurse Educator
The online MSN / Nurse Educator degree program from the University of Central Missouri is designed to emphasize advanced practice nursing knowledge, skills, and attitudes, as well as the application of the research process to clinical phenomena within the context of rural family health. The Nurse Educator concentration stresses the use of academic technologies in the educator role. Coursework covers topics such as:
- Physiology/Pathophysiology and pharmacology
- Teaching theory in nursing
- Designing nursing curricula
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$369.90
Out of State Rate:$369.90
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$12,206.70
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$12,206.70
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Bachelor’s degree with an upper division nursing major from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Admission to UCM’s graduate studies including specific requirements for the Department of Nursing.
- Completion of the Department of Nursing’s application for admission including undergraduate transcripts.
- A minimum of one year of post baccalaureate nursing experience for students choosing the Family Nurse Practitioner emphasis area. This year may be completed while taking core theory courses for the program.
- Undergraduate minimum grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale for students choosing the Family Nurse Practitioner emphasis area.
- Undergraduate minimum grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for students choosing the Nurse Educator emphasis area.
- Has an active registered nurse license.
- Computer or computer access with hardware compatible with UCM’s program software. Basic computer skills are required prior to matriculation.
- Completion of a criminal background check.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.