The online Doctor of Nursing Practice program from the University of Central Arkansas seeks to develop students ready to address evolving healthcare needs and advance the practice of nursing. Nurses with a bachelor’s degree can pursue this degree track to gain licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse – Nurse Practitioner.
The BSN to FNP program offers a concentration in practice-focused advanced nursing. As practice leaders, graduates are able to influence improvements in the quality of care, health outcomes, and healthcare systems.
Students can expect courses to cover topics such as:
- Health policy for advanced nursing practice
- Statistical methods and data analysis for advanced nursing practice
- Care of adults across the lifespan
- Advanced clinical decision making
- Healthcare quality and organizational systems
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.7 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Clinical courses may require minimal on-campus meetings, and campus intensives may be required periodically during the program.
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program and a current, unencumbered RN license in the state where clinical experiences will take place.