A growing number of businesses across multiple industries look to instructional designers to create new standards for employee training and education. Your curriculum in the online Master of Science in Instructional Design and Technology from the University of Arizona Global Campus has been developed from the Instructional Designer Competencies developed and validated by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction (ibstpi®). Your project-based curriculum connects theoretical concepts to real-world applications as you develop and design learning solutions to address identified needs and problems, tailor coursework to individual design interests, and build a professional instructional design ePortfolio.
The mission of the master’s degree in instructional design and technology prepares professionals to serve varied audiences in diverse educational contexts in the areas of effective learning analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation in a project-based curriculum that connects theoretical concepts to real-world applications.
Upon completion of the University of Arizona Global Campus instructional design program, you will be able to:
- Apply fundamental research and communication skills into the instructional design process using instructional designer professional foundations
- Conduct comprehensive needs and instructional analyses as part of a learning project including an examination of target populations, environmental and learning characteristics, instructional materials, and multi-media and adaptive technologies
- Create learning and performance solutions using learning theory, instructional design techniques and strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners and purposes
- Implement and Evaluate learning and performance solutions based on instructional design proposals and learning projects
- Model instructional designer management skills throughout the instructional design process
An online degree from the University of Arizona Global Campus does not lead to immediate teacher licensure in any state.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Arizona Global Campus is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
Arkansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Iowa, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin