The online RN to BSN degree completion program from the University of Alabama in Huntsville is designed to give students the foundational tools required to improve quality and safety in patient care and create real change in healthcare. Graduates of the program are prepared to:
- Translate research and use evidence-based practice to promote quality healthcare across diverse, vulnerable populations and cultures
- Understand healthcare policy, care delivery models, and organizational systems for current and future healthcare needs within clinical settings
- Display proficiency in the use of patient care technologies, healthcare information systems, and communication devices to support safe and competent nursing practice
- Apply nursing leadership concepts through experiential settings
Degree completion requires a minimum of 126 credits, including transfer credits.
- Online program: 26 credits
- Minimum grade of "C" on all required prerequisite coursework
- Completion of all lower division general studies (prerequisite) course requirements; minimum of 59-60 hours of credit
- An associate degree or diploma program in nursing
- Status of good academic standing
- RN licensure
A one-day on campus orientation is required.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges