The online MSN / Nursing Administration degree program from the University of Alabama in Huntsville prepares nurses to influence the future of health care through visionary nursing leadership. The curriculum focuses on competencies including communication, financial skills, information technology, leading and managing change, policy analysis, and empowerment for professional practice. Graduates are prepared to assume positions in a variety of care delivery settings, including:
- Specialty Areas
- Graduation from a National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education accredited baccalaureate program with a major in nursing (BSN).
- Satisfactory completion of an elementary statistics course.
- Current unencumbered registered nurse license. If a student is permitted to meet course clinical requirements in a state other than Alabama, the student must be licensed in that state. Students will not be allowed to continue in the track if any license is placed on probation, suspended, or revoked. Licensure must be maintained throughout the program.
- Overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all baccalaureate coursework or on the last 60 semester hours of baccalaureate coursework completed.
- All classes are online except for two two-day experiences (NUR635 and NUR639).
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges