The Master of Science in Nursing / Neonatal Nurse Practitioner program prepares students in the care of infants from birth to age 2, as well as their mothers and family. Graduates of this online nursing program can utilize their skills and knowledge in settings including neonatal intensive care units, labor and delivery, well baby units, outpatient clinics, and transport services.
Nurses receive training in comprehensive healthcare for critically ill and convalescing newborns and their families. Specialty coursework focuses on diagnostic reasoning and clinical decision-making for Neonatal Nurse Practitioners. Graduates will have the educational requirements necessary to sit for the Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam from the National Certification Corporation.
The curriculum also covers topics in:
- Pathophysiology and human disease
- Comprehensive assessment for the mother and neonate
- Advanced pharmacotherapeutics for Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Health policy, legal, and ethical dimensions of practice
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- All accepted students are required to attend a one day orientation before the program begins.