Graduate Certificate in Nursing Informatics
Thomas Edison State University
The Nursing Informatics Certificate Program is designed for experienced RNs with a master’s in nursing in another area of nursing specialty who want to develop the knowledge and skills needed to practice as a Nursing Informatics Specialist in healthcare settings. The program includes four theory courses and two practicums for a total of 18 credits. The student will select a healthcare setting and preceptor for the practicums. The same facility will be used as the setting for both practicums.
On completion of the Nursing Informatics Certificate Program the graduate will be able to meet the following competencies:
- integrate knowledge, skills, and scientific findings from nursing science, computer science, information science, and cognitive science in the professional practice of nursing informatics
- analyze the concepts of, and relationships between data, information, knowledge and wisdom and identify the implications of these concepts/relationships for nursing practice
- demonstrate leadership in the professional practice of nursing informatics through the use of effective communication, interdisciplinary collaboration, and administrative skills
- participate at each stage within the health information systems life cycle as a leader and team member
- promote the use of healthcare informatics-related education for consumers and healthcare providers
- integrate legal, ethical, regulatory, technical, and professional standards into the development and implementation of healthcare related information systems
- Use research, evidence based practice, quality improvement, and safety methodologies in the evaluation and improvement of health care information systems
- advance nursing informatics professional practice and values
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Applicants must have earned a MSN degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- An evaluation of the applicant's graduate educational work from a regionally accredited college or university. All applicants must have a MSN degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- An assessment of the applicant's personal statements, essays and two letters of reference.
- Relevance of work experience and career objectives to the program objectives. Two years of work experience is recommended. A resume is required.
- Have a current RN license valid in the United States.
Thomas Edison State University has a national reputation for academic excellence and educational integrity. The University is one of New Jersey's 11 senior public institutions of higher education and one of the first schools in the country designed specifically for adults. The University provides flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning opportunities for self-directed adults and offers degree programs and certificates in more than 100 areas of study.
Thomas Edison State University's flexible learning methods range from online courses and prior learning assessment to credit transfer and credit-bearing exams. We offer undergraduate and graduate programs, and professional certificates tailored to the needs of adults, whether it is for professional advancement or personal fulfillment. Named for the famous American inventor who acquired knowledge outside of the traditional classroom, Thomas Edison State University provides higher education for adults with higher expectations.
This program has not been ranked.
School Video - Thomas Edison State University
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.