Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Thomas Edison State University
The RN-BSN degree program at Thomas Edison State University is designed for experienced RNs who want a quality education with the convenience and flexibility that an online program can offer. With open and rolling admissions, RNs can enroll any day of the year. With a self-paced schedule and no limit on time for degree completion, they can finish degree requirements at their own pace as long as they complete at least 3 credits at Thomas Edison State University in each 12 months. Students can earn maximum credit for prior learning. There are many credit earning options, and RNs can achieve their educational goals in a manner that saves both time and money.
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
A total of 120 credits are required, including 60 in general education, 48 in nursing, and 12 elective credits.
- Have a current RN license valid in the United States
- Evidence of a current and valid RN license and malpractice insurance is required at the time the student registers for the Public Health Nursing course in the BSN degree program. Students will be required to provide information to a vendor selected by the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing.
- Evidence of current malpractice insurance and a current and valid RN license is required at the time the student registers for the Practicum courses in the MSN degree and graduate nursing certificate programs.
- Provisional Admission to the RN-BSN programs is open to senior nursing students or graduates of an RN diploma program of nursing, or a regionally accredited college or university in the United State with an associate degree in nursing awaiting RN licensure. Students provisionally admitted to the program may enroll in NUR-340 and NUR-342. Provisionally admitted students will have one year from the date of Provisional Admission to obtain RN licensure. Failure to do so within that time, will result in removal from the program.
- Full Admission to the RN-BSN programs requires that the applicant must be a graduate of an RN diploma program of nursing, or a regionally accredited college or university in the United States or recognized foreign institution with an associate degree in nursing. A current and valid RN license, recognized in the United States, must be submitted for full admission to the program.
Thomas Edison State University has a national reputation for academic excellence and educational integrity. The University is one of New Jersey's 11 senior public institutions of higher education and one of the first schools in the country designed specifically for adults. The University provides flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning opportunities for self-directed adults and offers degree programs and certificates in more than 100 areas of study.
Thomas Edison State University's flexible learning methods range from online courses and prior learning assessment to credit transfer and credit-bearing exams. We offer undergraduate and graduate programs, and professional certificates tailored to the needs of adults, whether it is for professional advancement or personal fulfillment. Named for the famous American inventor who acquired knowledge outside of the traditional classroom, Thomas Edison State University provides higher education for adults with higher expectations.
This program has not been ranked.
School Video - Thomas Edison State University
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.