The online MSN / Nursing Education degree program from The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley prepares students to meet the needs of a diverse student population in a variety of roles in nursing education, including patient educator, as well as the educator role in clinical and academic settings. Graduates are able to:
- Use evidence in educational design, implementation, and evaluation of strategies for classroom and clinical teaching
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing science and learning theory to demonstrate leadership and innovation in teaching
- Employ instructional strategies that recognize the diverse learner
- Implement assessment and evaluation methods in a variety of learning environments
- Analyze the teaching, scholarship, and service roles of the nurse educator
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a BS in Nursing or an ADN and other bachelor's degree plus successful completion of NURS 5600.
- Applicants should have successfully completed an undergraduate statistics course.
- Proof of unencumbered RN license in state of residence and current immunizations is required.
California, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts