The online MSN / Nursing Administration degree program from The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is designed to empower students to demonstrate leadership in the application of interventions and technology related to policy, research, finance, organization, hospital administration, and health care management. Graduates of the program are able to:
- Apply theories from behavioral, natural, social, and applied sciences to their nursing practice
- Use the research process to define clinical research problems with application to evidence-based practice
- Understand and apply cost analysis, strategic planning in budgeting, and marketing and forecasting across a variety of health care settings
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a BS in Nursing or an ADN and other bachelor's degree plus successful completion of NURS 5600.
- Applicants should have successfully completed an undergraduate statistics course.
- Proof of unencumbered RN license in state of residence and current immunizations is required.
California, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts