The online MSN featuring a specialization in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner allows nurses to specialize in care for adults with episodic and chronic health conditions. Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for the national board certification examination.
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care NPs take on the responsibility of promoting, maintaining, and restoring health to adults who are acutely and critically ill. This innovative program combines elements of online didactic courses, simulation lab experiences, clinical hours in the student’s region, and on-campus intensive experiences.
The curriculum of this online Adult Nurse Practitioner program aligns with:
- Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing (AACN)
- Consensus Model for APRN Regulation: Licensure, Accreditation, Certification & Education
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
The University of Texas at El Paso is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A 2-day on-campus new student orientation is required.
- During specialty courses, usually the last 3 semesters, students may be asked to come to campus a maximum of three times per semester.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution and hold a valid, unencumbered Registered Nurse license.
- Applicants must have current direct patient care experience and 2-3 years of critical care (ICU/CCU). ER does not count as critical care experience.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Louisiana, Minnesota, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Wyoming