The online MSHS in Immunohematology and Biotechnology program from the George Washington University prepares individuals for leadership positions in blood banking or transfusion medicine. Applicants to the non-clinical online program should hold national certification as a Medical Technologist (MT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Blood Banking Technologist/ Specialist. In GW’s online program, you’ll learn the most up-to-date research in molecular biology and biotechnologies essential to the practice of transfusion medicine.
MSHS IN IMMUNOHEMATOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS
- Immunohematology Focus: Go beyond conventional lab methods and study molecular biology and biotechnologies, which are becoming essential in all laboratory medicine areas.
- Practice-Based Faculty: Learn alongside expert faculty who have researched biothreat agent characterization, cancer biology and cell signaling, and pharmacology and physiology of blood platelets.
- Flexibility and Convenience: Balance your personal and professional commitments with a flexible online schedule that fits your life.
- Strategic Leadership Focus: Understand the intricacies of managing and leading a business unit by developing an integrated strategic plan and honing your critical-thinking skills.
- Real-World Experience: Learn by doing in a hands-on clinical research practicum that not only allows you to apply your knowledge, but expand on your own leadership skills through mentorship.
Graduates of this program gain the skills and experience necessary to pursue a variety of career options including:
- Biotechnology or Government Research Associate
- Blood Banking Laboratory Supervisor/Manager&nb
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
The George Washington University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants should have National certification as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Scientist or Technologist in Blood Banking or Specialist in Blood Banking.