Education Specialist (EdS) in Educational Leadership & Administration
The George Washington University's Education Specialist (EdS) in Educational Leadership and Administration is a specialized degree that prepares students to lead and promote high-quality student achievement at a district, sub-district or school-wide level. The education specialist degree program is ideal for students with a master's degree in education who seek further professional preparation for specific objectives.
Additionally, the EdS is a terminal degree for those who do not wish to pursue a doctoral degree, and as a result, EdS graduates may save time and money by pursuing this 30-credit hour program, which is generally shorter than most doctoral programs.
GW's program is nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and nationally recognized by the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC). Completion of this degree may also prepare qualified candidates for principal or administrator licensure. This program's courses and internship experiences are designed to meet administrative certification requirements for the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and other interstate compact agreement partner states.
Why GW's EdS in Educational Leadership and Administration?
- Specialized Skills: Develop a specialized skill set that includes theory, practice and research to help make you more competitive in the job market.
- Applied Leadership Emphasis: Design and implement evidence-based action research project to address an area of instructional need to directly apply program curriculum.
- Licensure Preparation: Prepare for a licensure opportunity as an administrator or principal with courses and field experience designed to meet administrative certification requirements of the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and other interstate compact agreement partner states.
The George Washington University's Education Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration degree program prepares you to lead and promote high-quality student achievement at a district, sub-district or school-wide level. Graduates are ready to be P-12 leaders who understand curriculum design, instructional excellence, motivation and support of classroom professionals, the broader community, and the needs of diverse learning communities.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- Assistant principal
- Athletic director
- Central office administrator
- Department chair
- Director of admissions
- Education advisor
- Education consultant
- Higher education instructor
- Program director
Potential Employment Settings
- Consulting organizations
- Government departments and agencies
- Higher education institutions
- P-12 public, private or charter schools
GW offers a Post-master's Certificate in Educational Leadership and Administration. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you do have the option to transfer these GW earned credit hours into the Education Specialist (EdS) in Educational Leadership and Administration program.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$955.00
Out of State Rate:$955.00
Additional Fees :$610.00
Fees Overview :
- Matriculation Fee (one time): $395
- Registration Fee (per semester): $35
- Student Association Fee (per credit hour): $2.50
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$29,260.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$29,260.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Requires a master's degree
- Statement of purpose
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.