The online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) in Medical Laboratory Science is designed for professionals who want to become board certified as medical laboratory scientists. The program prepares you to effectively utilize the latest molecular techniques to uncover the causes of disease and solve other complex diagnostic issues.
Upon completion, you'll possess the skills and expertise to assess patient test results, perform diagnostic analyses, and make a positive impact on medical outcomes through your laboratory work.
Why GW's online BSHS in Medical Laboratory Science?
- NAACLS Accredited: Earn your degree through a program that meets the highest international standards for clinical laboratory science and related health care professions
- Hands-on Experience: Take your new skills and put them to use in a health care setting with hands-on practicum courses
- Prepare for Board Certification: Graduate ready to take the ASCP Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) board certification exam
The bachelor completion program requires 120 credits for completion, including transfer and major requirements.
Students are required to complete a clinical rotation in their geographic location.
- Must have 60 credits of transferable coursework
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Official transcript from every college and university you attended
- Resume (waived for military applicants)
- One letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education