Post-Graduate APRN Certificate / Family Nurse Practitioner
The George Washington University
The online Post-Graduate APRN Certificate / Family Nurse Practitioner program from The George Washington University features an array of didactic and clinical experiences that focus on the primary care needs of patients, families, and communities. Through the coursework, family theory is integrated into students' program of study to develop their abilities in recognizing and managing family issues in health care. Some of the topics explored include:
- Health assessment
- Health maintenance and promotion
- Anticipatory guidance
- Diagnosis and management of common primary care health concerns
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Students will be required to attend an on-campus event for a series of OSCEs in the CLASS Center.
- Admission to the program is based upon a Master’s degree in Nursing or other health related professional discipline, and meeting the University’s requirements and current requirements for admission to the School of Nursing.
- Those eligible for admission to the Post Graduate FNP Certificate Program include: Women’s Health Nurse Practitioners, Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners, Acute Care Nurse Practitioners
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all coursework, though the admissions committee reserves the right to interview all applicants who have less than a 3.0 GPA. Applicants must comply with all required university policies regarding the student admissions requirements.
- The GRE is not required for this program.
Not authorized to accept residents of LA, ND, NY, & AL.
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. This location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities GW provides to students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Washington, D.C., isn't just where the George Washington University (GW) is located; it's what distinguishes the connections and opportunities we provide.
Located at the hub of international science, health policy and business, GW links you to renowned experts and institutions in the field through our program faculty and industry collaborators. Our programs are designed around emerging fields in cooperation with leading agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and are led by active experts in the field. Connect with and learn from these authoritative health care leaders in programs on the forefront of industry trends.
GW's online programs are designed to give you immediate added value within your current organization while preparing you for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The flexible structure of an online degree allows you to maintain your personal and professional commitments while making prominent industry connections. Gain the knowledge and skills to create positive change in our ever-evolving health care system.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.