If you have an MSN and want to take on advanced positions in mental health settings, the online Post-Master Certificate in Mental Health Nurse Practitioner might be right for you. The curriculum focuses on providing community, acute care, and telemental health care to rural settings.
The program has two tracks.
- One track is for certified nurse practitioners who would like to add a mental health specialty to their skill set.
- One track is a dual enrollment for those seeking a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
Graduates are eligible to sit for the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center’s Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certification exam.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have a valid, unencumbered RN license
- Requires completion of an accredited MSN degree
- Requires BLS certification
- Additional certifications and course prerequisites may be required
- Includes occasional on-campus sessions for field experience or immersion work
Arizona, California, Louisiana, New York, Oregon, Washington