If you have an MSN and want to take on advanced positions using nursing informatics, the online Post-Master Certificate in Nursing Informatics might be for you. The curriculum provides training in transforming raw data into actionable information. Classwork includes health information management, information technologies, and technology system life cycles.
Graduates are prepared to sit for the HIMSS Certified Professional in Health Information Management (CPHIMS) and American Nurses Credentialing Center's Board Certification exams.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have a valid, unencumbered RN license, in addition to experience in nursing informatics or technology and at least two years of clinical experience
- Requires completion of an accredited MSN degree
- Requires BLS certification
- Additional certifications and course prerequisites may be required
- Includes occasional on-campus sessions for field experience or immersion work
Arizona, California, Louisiana, New York, Oregon, Washington